Grocery store fail and the cupcake cake wasn't ready. They promise 10 minutes. So, I walk to Starbucks for a yummy latte and panini for an early lunch. Yum. Back to grocery store, still wait another 5 minutes for cake to be ready. While waiting, I was pacing around and feeling a huge need to eat something. I was able to think about the fact that I just had a latte and a sandwich and wasn't even close to being hungry, I was just anxious and rushed. I realized that I stuff my face when I'm anxious. Really, it was only today that I figured this one out.
When I'm anxious and rushed, I want to eat. I want to grab any little morsel and stuff it in my face.
Yesterday, I didn't do it!
So, cupcake cake was ready, I rush home and shower. Then it's off to pick up the kids early from school and head to Mr. Math Teacher's school to surprise him. We arrived on time and hid out until his staff meeting started when we barged in and had his staff sing Happy Birthday and served cupcakes to everyone. Best part was that we surprised him! He's really hard to surprise, he had even figured out his bday gift. But he didn't expect to see us at his staff meeting at 2:30 in the afternoon! YAY! And we scored points with his staff for serving up some treats.
The cupcake cake was cute, huh?
The kids wanted to hang out with their dad for a while after his meeting. So we didn't get home until almost 5:00. Then it was a quick tackle at homework and then out to dinner for more birthday celebration.
After the stress eating lesson, food was ok for the day. I shared a tiny piece of one of the store bought cupcakes and was reminded that it wasn't really that good, definitely not worth eating for me. As we were getting ready to leave the school, I was thinking I was getting hungry at the same moment that Mr. Math Teacher pointed out the one remaining piece of a homemade peanut butter cup pie that a teacher had made. OMG, that was totally worth it! So yummy. Dinner out I had grilled fish tacos and a few of Dancing Girl's fries :-). Then we went to Cheesecake Factory and I had a few bites of my cheesecake. Fantastic, rich and we left all uneaten cheesecake at the restaurant.
Today is a bit of a detox day. I need some veggies!! That's it for bday celebrations until the weekend getaway.
We are now halfway through November and I'm halfway to my November Go the Distance goal! YAY! I feel like I'm pushing myself to keep logging the miles, but it's doable.

