Monday, November 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Mr. Math Teacher!!

Today is Mr. Math Teacher's 40th Birthday.  Happy Birthday!  My best friend of 18 years, we are nearing the time of having spent half our lives together.  As you can see from this picture, we met when we were practically babies.

We have lots of plans for the day.  There are still a few surprises, so I'm not going into all the details here yet.  But we had a wonderful dinner at our house last night with the family.  Today is also his sister's birthday, they are exactly 4 years apart, so there's lots of joint celebrating.

The kids and I made a cake - I put the top layer on a little crooked.  There's no Ace of Cakes job in my future.

 
We did put a tombstone candle on top when it was time.  Let the 'old' jokes commence!  At least for the next 9 months until I turn 40 and then it won't be old.
 
The highlight of the celebration is this coming weekend when he and I are going away for a few nights without kids!  YAY!  We have such amazing friends that will be caring for our kids so we can celebrate his birthday in Las Vegas!  Yippeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My goal for the week is to keep up my exercise routine so I can manage the stress of the next few weeks.  With the weekend away, there is so much coordinating to do with 2 kids, 2 dogs (who get boarded at different locations) and the lizard to care for.  Then, we come home and it's Thanksgiving and then Hanukkah starts the following week.  I'm trying to get my shopping done this week, I'm getting the list checked off rather nicely.  Deep breaths.

How do you celebrate birthdays?  I'd love to hear some favorite birthday memories.