Saturday, November 13, 2010

Picture Day

New goal: more pictures on my blog. I know it makes it more interesting - I'm going to try. So, because it's Saturday and I'm a bit at a loss for what to write today - I'm going to share the random thoughts about these pictures.


First picture is the view from my friend's house the other day. The Santa Ana winds have been blowing in LA and it's been beautiful. You can see Downtown in the distance - it's about 18 miles north of here.

This is Dude eating a kale chip that we made last weekend. We've been lucky enough to get in on a CSA program through Mr. Math Teacher's school and last week's box brought us some kale. Hmm... what to do? We tossed them in some olive oil and sprinkled salt and baked them. Dude ate them up. Mr. Math Teacher tried and didn't like. They didn't stand a chance with picky eater Dancing Girl. I ate the rest.


This was dinner last night. Our CSA box had kale and those cherry tomatoes and some potatoes. I cooked up the onions and bell peppers with some garlic and olive oil and tossed them in some leftover chicken and all that was put on a baked potato. My potato also got the kale and cherry tomatoes which were fantastic. The colors on my cutting board were so pretty, I had to take a picture.

And finally, just because it's pretty - here's the sunset from last Sunday. I was walking through a parking lot and this is what the sky looked like. Gorgeous.



I hope you enjoyed my photo tour today and I hope you have a great weekend. We've got a nice one - flag football game today, both kids having sleepovers tonight and tomorrow starts the big birthday celebration week for Mr. Math Teacher who is turning 40 on Monday. Holy moly! More on birthday plans tomorrow.

What do you have planned this weekend?