Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Inner Peace

"She left the office with a resolve to quit dieting once and for all. Immediately, she experienced a quieting of her mind and a feeling of peace that she had never remembered feeling in relationship to eating" from Intuitive Eating.

I get it. I've moved on to reading "Women, Food and God" by Ganeen Roth. So much of our existence is tied to food. I want a healthy relationship with food. I don't want food to rule my days. I want to enjoy it.

Food is starting to taste better now. I'm not spending so much time thinking about food. As I'm getting into the habit of enjoying my food more, I'm noticing that I'm enjoying other things more. I'm looking around at the scenery, the things my kids do, the nice things that my husband does, etc.

Things are looking good.

We have an all football weekend here. Went to a high school game last night, have Dude's flag football game today and then going to the USC game tonight. What's do you have on tap for the weekend? I hope it's a fun one.