I'm finding the same is true when it comes to my blog. I write a post and feel like I'm getting somewhere and then all day I think about it and remember a bunch of stuff I should have said. Phase 1 is the first post, Phase 2 is all the follow up.
Yesterday I mentioned that my binging started when I reached my maintenance weight. That's not true. After writing that and mulling it over all day, I realized how much I've been in denial. I've always binged. I don't know how I managed to not be much heavier than I was. I'd eat because the food was there, or because it was at the grocery store, or wherever. Until recently, I would have denied up and down that I ate to fill a void in my life. Maybe it's as cliche as being a result of my parent's divorce, which is about when my weight issues started. I don't think I ever took the time to sit down and feel my feelings, so there's another thing to work on. When I started having weight issues, my mom sent me to therapy. I'm not sure why I stopped going, but I know I resisted big time.
My eating phases are a little more humorous (at least to me). I'm really trying to take the time and eat what satisfies me on many levels. I'm noticing a trend. I had a period of Indian food, then the last few days was Asian food. Yesterday was Mexican food. I went to Whole Foods and wandered looking for lunch. I knew I wanted something warm, no salad. The chicken and rice burritos called to me, and the sauteed veggies. The burrito was soooo good. Even if it was a whole burrito, it wouldn't have been too big, but it was only a half. I enjoyed every bite. Dinner on Thursdays is usually a Subway sandwich as that's what I get Dude when he's at football practice. Yesterday it just didn't sound good. I had eaten a pear for an afternoon snack and really wasn't even hungry when I popped into Subway for his dinner. So, I waited. Three carpool drops later, it was 7PM and I knew I needed to eat to avoid a hunger meltdown and what sounded good - Mexican. So, I stopped at a taco place and had a fantastic Carne Asada taco, a side of guac and some chips. It really is working that when I'm enjoying my food with all my senses, it all tastes better and I'm satisfied. I felt great eating just a few chips. They weren't that good and when the guac was gone, I didn't want any more.
So, yesterday was Mexican day. I wonder what will be the theme of today?
And here's a picture of the new do in curly mode. Taken from my webcam, it does not want to let me make it bigger. Sorry.Today is election day for Dancing Girl, she's running for Student Council VP. Please send good luck thoughts our way. She ran for student council twice last year and didn't win either time, I so hope the 3rd time is the charm.
Do you have food themes? On purpose? Do you try not to have the same type of cuisine for lunch and dinner or do you go with the moment?