My clothes fit fine, I know I'm enjoying food and eating mindfully. I could tell from the mirror last night as I was getting into my PJ's that I am no longer at my all time low weight. However, I'm also realizing that low weight is one that's really hard to maintain and therefore not my ideal weight. I took a mental guess of what the scale would say based on the look in the mirror.
When I woke up this morning, I decided to see if my mental guess was right. It wasn't, but it was only off by 1 pound. I weighed 3 pounds more than that low number (I had guessed 2). I need to be ok with that number. I think this is a better weight for me. I think this is the place I need to base my maintenance.
From now on, I'm weighing myself on Thursdays. I will not allow myself to obsess over the number.
On a good note, I did finally go back to doing some strength training in my workout yesterday. I know I did good as I'm a bit sore today - yay! I also added some elliptical mileage for my October Go the Distance Challenge which I am really enjoying. If you aren't familiar, this is a challenge organized by Fat Girl v. World and I pledged to do 50 miles on the elliptical and 25 miles on the ground for the month. It's also been fun to see what other people have pledged and to cheer everyone on. Thanks Robby!!
I'm still looking into that Ragnar Relay thing. Although I read a blog yesterday from someone who did the Washington DC race last month and it's quite daunting. The scariest part is running during the middle of the night, alone. I'm not sure I'm up for the hard core of this.
I did however find a local 5K to set my sights on. Super Bowl Sunday in February. Giving me plenty of time to implement a serious training plan and go for a new PR. I think this is more of a reasonable goal than the Ragnar Relay. The training program for Ragnar is 20 weeks, so I have to decide soon as it's about 25 weeks away.