Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Inspiration

My kids are my inspiration. My daughter will be 10 next week, she's in 5th grade. She's wonderful. Here she is getting ready for her dance recital last June. My Dancing Girl loves laughing, dancing, her dogs and her family. She has a wonderful, sarcastic sense of humor, just like her daddy. She loves to do theater productions, but right now is on a competition dance team so that takes up most of her free time. She's got an amazing ability to memorize facts and has finally learned to apply that to school instead of just for memorizing lines for a play. She got an A on her social studies test yesterday (one about the early explorers and what they discovered). YAY!! I can't believe she's in 5th grade.

My son is 7 1/2. He loves all the typical boy stuff. He's playing flag football right now and loves to be on defense and make the stops. He finds bathroom humor hilarious, but he's also quiteserious. He has more of my sense of humor - we laugh at the jokes, but don't really make them. We like to call him Dude. His favorite games with friends include spying on their siblings and anything that involves running and getting dirty. He loves to run and have me time how fast it takes him. He's got his daddy's math brain (daddy was a math teacher) and his penmanship is horrendous. His teachers have said that's the goal for 2nd grade.

And Mr. Math Teacher. My wonderful husband of almost 15 years. He's equally amazing. He puts up with my crap and encourages and supports me on everything that I do. He's now a Principal at a middle school, but it's more fun to call him Math Teacher, so I'm going to do that. He's adapted to our healthy life and lost 25 pounds over the last 6 months as a result. He tolerates my attempts at cooking and challenges me with his stubborn streak at the same time.

That's them - Math Teacher, Dancing Girl and Dude. I love them to pieces and am so blessed to have such an amazing family. I'm inspired to take care of myself so that I can enjoy everything about their lives.