Two weeks in a row! I had a nice weekend, enjoyed family outings and made good food choices. The scale had the same number on Friday and today! YAY!!! Three challenges this weekend... we went to the Halloween Party at Disneyland on Friday and the USC football game on Saturday complete with tailgating, then birthday dinner at our house for my Mother-in-Law on Sunday.
I worked in a run yesterday morning, but also had a few treats. I didn't binge, I just enjoyed a few treats. I did it!!! I made a fantastic blackberry glazed chicken for dinner last night. My kids and MIL didn't like it so much, but my husband and Father-in-law and I enjoyed it. And there are leftovers for lunch today. It was from a Cooking Light cookbook that was a 5 ingredient recipe thing - my favorite. We had a store bought cake, it was this small single-layer thing and I had a slice. Yum.
Here's another weekend project - our new vegetable garden!
We recently finished redoing our front yard and planted veggies and herbs yesterday. My kids are so excited. We've attempted this in the past, but in the back yard and we were terrible at remembering to water and the dogs would eat the veggies. Now we have sprinklers in the garden! There's room for a few more plants, we'll work on that this week. To speed things along for the first planting, we bought small plants instead of seeds. We have brocoli, carrots, onions, lettuce and zuchini. Also, mint, basil, oregano, chives and thyme. We already have a great rosemary bush.
Another goal of the front yard update is to cut down on water use. We eliminated all the grass and have native type plants.
Happy Monday!