Eating has been going fine. We were at Disneyland on Sunday for Dancing Girl's Birthday. I did great. Had a kids baked chicken meal for lunch and although it was one tiny drumstick of a serving, I had Mr. Math Teacher's chicken breast and a small serving of Dude's pasta to fill it all out. We shared some ice cream in the afternoon and then I just had a small snack of turkey for dinner. With all the walking we did, I figured it was a good day.
I learned that my body isn't used to grease anymore. I had some Fritos with dinner the night before and felt totally nauseated during the night. Oops. Greasy chips - bad!
Yesterday I decided to count calories. Usual breakfast, apple after the gym, Amy's Vegetarian frozen meal and fresh bell peppers for lunch. Cereal w/ almond milk for a snack, dinner out with the kids, had a turkey sandwich and then a Trader Joe's light kettle korn pack for an after dinner snack. Adding in my coffee for the day, I hit just over 1,500.
I'm still avoiding the scale, yay! Yesterday I was feeling really yucky and bloated, so I had a cup of tea and felt a bit better. I'm sticking to my guns of waiting until Thursday. I really do think I know the way my body feels and will probably be able to estimate pretty closely to what the scale will say. I'll hold off until tomorrow to guess.
Counting calories yesterday did remind me that I probably went well over my calories during those few days last week. Not really enough for 4 pounds, but I did have some wine, so maybe it all combined together. I know I'm still up those 4 pounds or so.
My gym buddy and I had a great conversation yesterday about all of this. She really is in the same place as I am. How much is obsessive, how worrysome is the Disordered Eating information and how much do we fit the profile? It's just a constant roller coaster. And that's why life is a journey, we have to continuously make adjustments and learn about ourselves.
On another note... I know blog readers are supposed to love to see pictures. How lame am I that I don't put up a lot of pictures? I write for myself and honestly get overwhelmed by the blogs that have 15 pictures on every post. If that's why people don't read my blog, fine. Anyway, here's a picture from Disneyland. Me and Dude with our morning drinks - coffee and milk. Love the place at Dland that gives free coffee refills all day. Yee haw!