Thursday, October 14, 2010

Better Today - New Focus

I love Mr. Math Teacher. He came through yesterday, talking me through my crazy, self-doubting day. He asked me if my eyeballing of my meals was accurate. I decided that maybe I shouldn't be so quick to cold turkey give up my counting. Especially after I estimated and wrote down my day. Estimating my cupcake indulgence and all snacks and everything, I hit 1,700 calories exactly on food (well, estimating). Not accounting for exercise. Looking back on my choices over the last week, maybe there had been a few hundred calories here and there that I didn't count. Maybe. Probably not 4.5 pounds worth, but I'm sure I'm missing something.

So, my resolution is to continue with the mindful eating and estimate my calories. I'm not counting to the exact. I'm not worrying about everything. I'm staying the heck away from the scale until next Thursday. Really... I promise! I really wanted to get on that scale this morning, but I resisted. Yay!!!


This has been a stressful week. Too many activities, deadlines and entertaining plans to prepare for. I'm sure that has an impact on my weight as well.
On a good note, I'm trying to cut back on my coffee. I skipped my afternoon cup. That's amazing for me considering Mr. Math Teacher's alarm woke me up at 5 and I really didn't go back to sleep. I did good on water today and have had 2 cups of green tea this evening. And I slept a little better last night. I hadn't thought that I wasn't sleeping well, but maybe I wasn't.


Also good - I realized today that I haven't been sick a single day since I started my healthy eating journey. No colds, nothing. I take a Vitamin C and a multi-vitamin every day (and a probiotic and calcium, but I digress). Nothing fancy, just having a good run of health. I'm knocking on my desk right now as a result of actually putting this in print and giving myself a Kaynahorah (a jinx or evil eye in case your Yiddish is rusty).



Another good note - plans for big breakfast with the in-laws on Saturday to celebrate Dancing Girls bday were changed meaning that I can squeeze in some exercise that morning before the festivities begin and it's another family meal that doesn't need to happen. We've postponed it to a bit later in the morning and not to be around a meal time. Yay!!!