Sunday, September 26, 2010

Happy Monday

This is the first weekend in a while that I didn't overdo my eating. I enjoyed the weekend (even with 2 dinners out and 1 breakfast out). We had a kid-free breakfast out yesterday and I really enjoyed the place. It was a gorgeous morning and we went to our favorite little small town neighborhood and tried a new place, sat outside and everything. I had a delicious egg white omelette and it came with a reasonably sized portion of breakfast potatoes. I even got cheese on my omelette and was pleased that it wasn't drenched in cheese, just enough to add some flavor! I balanced out the rest of the day with a Luna bar for lunch and then made a light chicken and veggie dinner at home. I was a little hungry after dinner and had a skinny cow bar later in the evening. All in all, it was a good weekend and my body feels good this Monday morning (and the scale was nice as well - 122). Balance - that's a hard thing for me. I tend to throw away the day when I start with a big meal.

Yesterday, I took the kids for a bike ride in the afternoon. We rode to the local store to pick up a few items and then stopped at their school to play a bit. My 5th grader has finally mastered the monkey bars and wanted to show me. I'm soooo proud of her. Apparantly, I'd fail 5th grade PE, as I tried the monkey bars and didn't make it very far. Man, those hurt your hands, no wonder the kids get blisters. It was fun to do an errand by bike.

The kids don't have school today (teacher training). I'm watching my friend's kids for the day, too since she has to work and I'm taking the 4 kids to a small local zoo. Yay! It's going to be hot. Major exercise isn't going to happen today, but it'll be a nice day and we'll be doing some walking.

My exercise goal for the rest of the week is to exercise each day - gym on Tuesday & Thursday, walking with my neighbor on Wed & Friday. I hope everyone has a good Monday and a happy week!