This is a favorite phrase of my BFF. I'm sure it's self-explanatory. But basically, we all have different things that make us happy. We can't compare ourselves to others, we have to do what is right for ourselves.
I'm going to tell you a bit about my BFF. She's had her share of difficult times, dark and ugly times that you don't want to go to. Through therapy and a lot of hard work on her part, she's made her own happy. She's the proud mommy of an amazing baby boy and although she knows the challenges in her life, she takes the time to savor her baby and the other good things in her life. She's made this happy life and she's enjoying it and sharing it with her circle of friends. She's an inspiration to me. I love you! (hopefully her baby duties leave her time to read this today)
As I was working on this post, I took a break to read some of my favorite blogs and found this one. Must be a theme today - let's take care of ourselves as Robby's @FatGirlvWorld so eloquently posted on Nuture Principles this morning.
To make my own happy, I'm working on acknowledging my feelings and not running away from them. I'm working on enjoying my family and the every day moments that make life so amazing. I'm taking care of my body and nourishing it in a way that feels good.
What are you working on to make your own happy?
