First, I made an awesome pea and mint hummus for my book club last night. Also, my first foray into using fresh herbs from my herb garden. Loved it! Recipe from Cooking Light's Fresh Food Fast Cookbook.
2 cups peas (I used frozen)
1/2 cup fresh mint (from my garden)
1 1/2 tsp. olive oil (I used some yummy stuff my mom brought from Greece)
1 tsp. water
2 cloves garlic
Put in blender. Easy peasey. hee hee. I added a teaspoon or two more of water to make a good consistency.
Yum - huge hit. No pictures, sorry.
I made homemade pita chips to go with the dip. Same olive oil brushed on top, a bit of sea salt and fresh parsley and rosemary (both from my garden). Baked in oven. Also a huge hit.
Then came my fail. I made more pumpkin scones. I decided to swap in 1/2 whole wheat flour and increased the pumpkin. Uh, bad move. They were doughy, floury and icky. I even made them smaller... Dude liked them as did Dancing Girl's friend who was over. I didn't think they were up to book club standards, so I sent them to work with Mr. Math Teacher this morning. Oh well.
Note to self: follow the recipe and you'll be fine.
What's your worst cooking fail? Are you a recipe follower? or do you break new ground? Does it work if you do?
Today I want to try this recipe: Double Chocolate Muffins. Still have more pumpkin in the fridge.
Thank you for the getting better wishes yesterday. I'm on the mend. Still coughing. Planning on the gym for a easy workout this morning.