I love my support system. I find that it gets bigger and bigger all the time. What amazes me is how I'm learning that if you just reach out to people, they'll step up and support you. I've been reaching out to friends as I explore this healthy journey and have received such amazing support.
First is my gym buddy, I couldn't keep up the motivation to get there without her. If you can't find a gym buddy or don't go to a gym, listen to this idea I heard from a teacher at my kids' school. She gets up at 5:30 AM and rides her stationary bike at home. The other morning, she was feeling unmotivated and got a super early phone call from her friend and they spent their 30 minute workout time with each other on the phone chatting. She told me that she was so amazed how quickly the time flew. What a good idea.
Second is all of you out there reading this, whether you're my friend online only or IRL, I love to hear the stories and ideas. I'm finding new websites to read, people to follow and ideas to incorporate into my life. That's on top of the general cheerleading when something is going good.
I'm thinking about getting some formal education for this healthy lifestyle I've established. I know I'll be looking for more support as I learn and embark on a more formal career in this industry. I've got some researching to do, but there's a college close by that has a program accredited by the American Dietetic Association and I'm going to take the first step and have my transcripts evaluated and learn what I need to do. I've clearly developed a passion for this and want to learn more and am so excited!
Thank you everyone!!