Thursday, September 23, 2010

I love the Biggest Loser

I will always be a day behind, since my kids like to watch the show with me and I don't have 2 hours in the evening to watch a show... so we watch it together the next day. And, I will assume that I'm not posting any spoilers since a good amount of time has passed since the show aired.

I love BL. The new season is full of people with the most heart-wrenching stories. I was a little saddened that one of the potential contestants in each city wasn't going to make it on the show. My 7 year old summed it up perfectly in that he wanted the 3rd place person to make it and maybe the 1st place person to not. Although I get it, there's so much mind over matter in this healthy journey that maybe losing the race will give these contestants the extra motivation to pick it up. I was happy to see in the season trailer that those contestants will get a shot to get to the ranch in some sense. That made me feel better.

When BL was filming that episode in Los Angeles, I tried to go. I think it was back in May and my workout buddy friend was busy that day (her kids' birthday or something, I mean priorities people). I wasn't brave enough to go alone, although now I wish I did. There weren't that many people there. Bummer. Next time I'll have to brave that type of thing alone.

First impressions: the woman in Phoenix, the cancer survivor... she had such an amazing inspirational story. I want to see more of her journey.

My favorite thing about BL is the inspiration it gives me. When I'm at the gym and dragging my butt through a workout, I think about how hard those contestants work and pull some motivation from there.

Today I think I'm going to need it... I know I'm going to the gym alone and I'm going to run. I'm working towards a 5K on October 10th that I'm going to do with my daughter. I need to do a decent treadmill run today. Although sometimes running alone is better, because I tend to go to hard to talk comfortably. OK... motivate.