Thursday, October 28, 2010

What my body told me this week...

Maybe I didn't listen correctly, but it wasn't pretty. I saw some bad habits creeping in this past week. I was sick and I got my first period in a really long time. My body (or my brain) asked to be comforted with food.

Thursday is weigh in day. I was laying in bed asking myself if I needed to get on the scale. I was pretty sure I knew what it was going to say. I was right (within .5 lbs). It was up 1.5 from last week. I could feel it.

I've been snacking too much and not exercising. It's as simple as that. There have been some dips into the candy bowl, some mindless snacking from the cereal containers. My meals have been good, it's the in between time.

I know this, I know I've had better weeks. This coming week will be better.



Yes, Halloween is Sunday. That's ok. I'm going to get in some exercise and I will enjoy a few choice pieces of candy. I promise myself to make them count. No mindless candy eating.

Speaking of Halloween - Dancing Girl decided on Wednesday that she wants to be Cotton Candy for Halloween. Funny thing is she wouldn't eat cotton candy if you paid her. Anyway, we came up with this homemade costume of pink feather boa wrapped around her alternating with some pink puffy ball strings. She LOVES it. Problem is that I have kind of pinned her in to it and it's really going to be a 2 time use. Once for school tomorrow and once on Sunday. She's been dying forever to have a homemade costume and just hasn't been able to come up with anything.

I had planned to fabric glue all the decorations, but I really needed it to be on a mannequin to get the glue done. So, we used a lot of safety pins and a bit of glue. It was worth the smile on her face when she looked in the mirror. I don't think it's all that obvious that she's cotton candy, but she loves it. Mainly because we are leaving one feather boa unglued and she gets to wrap it around her neck all diva-like. Gotta love the personality of the costume.

Dude is going to be reversible Spider Man. It's red on one side and black on the other. He's totally thrilled with getting to switch costumes mid-trick-or-treating. Hilarious.

What costumes are under construction in your house this week? Do you usually buy or make? What's the best homemade costume you've seen?